Suvarna prashan samskar is one of the 16 essential rituals described in Ayurveda for children. The process in which Suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
When Can Suvarna Prashan Be Given :-
Suvarna prashan can be given to the age group of 0-16 years.
It can be given daily early in the morning between 6 to 9am on empty stomach, or at least on every Pushya nakshatra – an auspicious day – which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
Time of Administration :-
Suvarna Prashan can be given daily early in the morning, or at least on every Pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
Children taking Suvarna Prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
Can It Be Given to Special Children?
Yes, Suvarna Prashan can be given to special children. It has shown improvement between 10-25% among many special cases in which Suvarna Prashan was given as a daily dose for 1yr. The children were found to have significantly fewer complaints of digestion, temper, irritability & sickness. It was seen in a few children to reduce the episodes of seizures.
How Does Suvarna Prashan Works :-
According to Ayurveda, since Suvarna Prashan contains Suvarna Bhasma it helps to enhance the effects of other medicines it contains like Bramhi, Shankhapushpi, Amla, etc. It helps in improving Immunity, Intellect, Grasping Power, Body development, Brain Development, Neuro-Musculo coordination.
Ancient Reference for Suvarna Prashan :-
The reference comes in Kashyap Samhita as follows :-
सुवर्ण प्राशन हि एतत् मेधा अग्नि बल वर्धनं |
आयुष्यं मन्गलं पुण्यं वृष्यं ग्रहापहं ||
मासात् परम मेधावे व्याधिर्भिर्न्न च द्रुष्यते |
षड्भिर्मासै श्रुतधर सुवर्नप्राशाद भवेत् ||
Benefits of Suvarna prashan :-
- Suvarna Prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very often.
- It builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activity, and also improves stamina for the same.
- Regular doses of Suvarna prashan improves a child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling uniquely.
- It kindles the digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
- Suvarna Prashan also improves the child’s appetite.
- It helps to nurture early physical and mental development.v
- It develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal changes and other prevailing infections.
- It helps the body to recover quickly in case of any illness.
- It guards children against various allergies.
- It protects children from ailments occurring during the teething phase.v
- Tones up skin color.v
Swaminarayan Gurukul is famous for several social activities. A part of that Swaminarayan Gurukul International School Gulbarga is organizing the Suvarna Prasan camp on every first Saturday of every month from 2015 to the teel today and 16000+ kids took the benefits of that. The venue of Suvarna Prasan at Ram Mandir, Gulbarga, Karnataka.
In Swaminarayan Gurukul, our team focuses on the holistic development of a child through multiple modes like academic, spiritual, sports, motivational & many more. Gurukul’s school assembly is planned in such a way to incorporate meditation which boosts self-confidence, concentration & discipline of the students throughout their school journey in Gurukul.
Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul believes in transforming children, who will shape the future world. It transforms the lives of students with the unique value framework of Vidya, Sadvidya & Brahmavidya
Vidya : stands for Modern Education, which develops the values like Leadership, creativity, knowledge, curiosity, and dynamism amongst other values within the students.
Sadvidya : Stands for Traditional education, which develops values like gratitude, integrity, non-violence, empathy and breaking down bad habits within the students.
Brahmavidya : stands for spiritual education, which develops the values like faith in God, devotion to God, deep affection with saints, non-attachment, self-realization, and God-realization within the students.
Join this noble mission of “Transforming Life, Transforming World” as a Student, Teacher, Parent, Employee, Volunteer, Member or a Devotee.