Gurukul Welcomes you all with warm wishes.
You are fortunate to excel your life's journey with Gurukul.
6 Brahmavidya sessions
- Matrudevo Bhav, Pitrudevo Bhav
- Significance of Tika - Tilak
- What is Dandvat & Why?
- Why to perform Aarti?
6 Yoga Sessions
- Introduction & Practicing Yoga
- Yoga Learning & Physical Exercise
- Performing Yoga & Morning Habits
- Performing Yoga & Physical Exercise
- A Guide to a healthier life
- Record Video of Doing Pranam
- Record Video of Helping Parents.
- Record Video of Tika - Tilak
- Record Video of Doing Yoga
|I - II||Mon, Thu||9 - 10 AM|
|III - V||Tue, Fri||9 - 10 AM|
|VI - IX||Wed, Sat||9 - 10 AM|
|I - II||Tue, Fri||10 - 11 AM|
|III - V||Wed, Sat||10 - 11 AM|
|VI - IX||Mon, Thu||10 - 11 AM|
Brahmavidya Activity :: Share your experience
You can record a video of your child while doing Pranam to parents & elders, helping parents, doing aarti, tika - tilak. Click below to share video with Gurukul.Click to Upload
Photo Gallery :: Brahmavidya Sessions, Week 1
Photo Gallery :: Yoga Sessions, Week 1
Learnings from Brahmavidya Sessions
1. Gurukul History & Introduction
Our Gurukuls were destructed by invaders.
- Alexander & The Greeks (336 - 323 B.C.E)
- The Arab Invaders (636 - 850 C.E.)
- The Turkish Invaders (1000- 1206 C.E.)
- The Mughal Invaders (1526 - 1857 C.E.)
- The British Rulers (1858 - 1947 C.E.)
Then the Historic Event took place
the Origin of Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul
In 1948 AD - after the Indian Independence
Shastriji Maharaj Shri Dharmajivandasji Swami
reestablished gurukul tradition with only 7 students in Gujarat.
What we are going to learn in Gurukul?
2. Matrudevo Bhav, Pitrudevo Bhav
धर्मेण हीनाः पशुभिः समानाः
A man without "Dharma" is similar to an animal
Dharma: Sanskar, Values & Devotion
First value: Respect
Three Ways for showing respect
मातृदेवो भव ॥ पितृदेवो भव ॥ - Veda
Respect mother & father like a God
Why to respect our Mother & Father like a God?
Let's Respect & Serve our parents
3. Significance of Tika - Tilak
How may places we have to apply Tika - Tilak?
- Right Upper arm
- Left Upper Arm
Why Tilak - Tika on forehead?
- To purify our mind & Intellect
- To evoke the third eye
- to obtain good thoughts & remove bad ideas
- To increases our moral courage.
Why Tilak - Tika on the Cheast?
- It is the worship of God
- God resides in our heart
Why Tilak - Tika on Right & left upper Arms?
- Hands are the symbol of effort & power
- May god gives us power to do right action... right things...
Refuge & Dedication towards God are expressed through it.
Benefits of Tilak - Tika
- Who applies Tika - Tilak does not suffer Poverty
- Positive impact on Mind
- It protects us from Addictions
- Saves us from immoral activates
- It reminds us that we are belongs to God.
- Builds Trust in others heart
How to Apply Tika - Tilak?
4. What is Dandvat & Why?
Sentiments & Significance behind dandvat
- Dandvat is the extreme level of devotion & complete dedication to God.
- To lay down at the feet of God with the feeling that "I am a servant of God and God is my owner"
Two Types of Pranam
- Panchang Pranam
- Sashtang Pranam
Benefits of Dandvat
- We do not get the birth of reptiles like snake's, Crocodiles, Lizard etc...
- Our body gets exercised by doing dandvat pranam.
- It reduces ego & anger.
- Free from cycles of dearth & birth.
- Blessings of God & Saints.