Swachh Bharat Campaign at Chilkur Balaji Temple, Hyderbad
‘Cleanliness’. Just the word creates a pristine feeling in one’s mind. The mind is invigorated with cheer. The institution of the School does the noble task of inculcating this habit of worshiping beauty in the form of cleanliness. In the journey towards prosperous India, the first step begins with cleanliness. Along with our body & mind, we also need to take responsibility of keeping our surroundings clean.
As Mahatma Gandhi has said, “Cleanliness is next to Godliness”
Honourable Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi has highlighted the importance of cleanliness and has announced ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.’
Carrying forward the same legacy, Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul International School took an initiative for Cleanliness drive across many cities of Southern India with a noble cause to nurture young minds with value-based education. We feel happy to share, Swaminarayan Gurukul schools inculcate true education through three forms – Vidya, Sadvidya and Brahmavidya.
Inspector of Police Moinabad (G. Venkateswarlu), Inspiring the Students towards Swachhta
Accordingly, the saints of Gurukul fraternity has appealed for “Swachh mission to Swachhta output”. Students created a Rangoli of Swachh Bharat Mission logo. Important information was written on school notice boards for spreading awareness in the society. There was a painting competition for the students. A documentary was shown about cleanliness. Teachers guided students and administered the oath for cleanliness
Daily various activities shall be taken up round the year to inculcate good habits amongst students related to cleanliness such as usage of a toilet, washing hands, and other cleanliness habits to internalize healthy environment. Unclean hands lead to many diseases and therefore the students were explained about the importance of washing hands.
So, we at Gurukul foster hygiene through:
- Students wash their hands with a hand wash – before the meal, after visiting a toilet, after playing.
- Children are being inspected regularly and guided to maintain personal cleanliness as well.
- During parent-teacher meetings too, guidance is being provided regarding the individual health of the students and their cleanliness habits.
- For keeping our school campus clean, regular daily inspection is done before the class.
- School classrooms, toilets, kitchen, water tank etc. all are regularly cleaned.
- Deworming tablets are provided.
- Plantation and cultural activities are encouraged.
With such hopeful initiatives, we wish our school will be a ‘clean and beautiful’ school. In this direction, our school is marching ahead to prepare innocent children as responsible citizens of tomorrow’s India.
Let us work hard, to make Mahatma Gandhi and Prime Minister’s visions into a reality.