Benefits of Positive Parenting
21st Century Parenting
“A Step Towards Successful Parenting;”
Touch- screen Generation!!
Everything is CHANGING in this world! Nothing is PERMANENT!
What is our prime Responsibility as a father and mother?
Our Prime RESPONSIBILITY is to give…
- The SANSKAR to our child to make them walk in the right path.
पिता न स स्यात् जननी न सा स्यात् गुरुर्न स स्यात् ।
स्वजनो न स स्यात् यो न मोचयेत्समुपेत मृत्युम् ॥
Matrudevo Bhav, Pitrudevo Bhav.
Because parent is the one who shows the ultimately right path to children – if he/she is not showing the right path & just ignoring, then he or she can’t be called as a true parent.
Most HEARD Word but least SEEN Word – “SANSKAR”
What is Sanskar?
It means the impressions/prints falling on our mind is Sanskar – As on the plain paper whatever we print it can become its beauty or dirty.
Prints & Impressions falls through the 5 senses :-
- Whatever you see,
- Whatever you listen,
- Whatever you eat,
- Whatever you smell,
- Whatever you touch.
It leaves good or bad impression. Environment plays a vital role in our Sanskar.
Environment means – What you see, eat, read, listen, smell friend-circle etc….
That is why in ancient times, Gurukul was in the jungle, far away from the world – Here in Gurukul also there is such atmosphere – whoever comes, gets transformed – just because of the environment! Gurukul is not transforming the life, Gurukul Environment is transforming a life! Sanskar is the seed of your Character!
If you sow good seeing, eating, listening, friends, environment, actions, your character will be good – If not then bad character is guaranteed. By sowing the seeds of bitter gourd, you can’t expect sweet mango – By doing & seeing bad you can’t expect good character!
Sow good Sanskar to reap good Character
If SEED of SANSKAR will be spoiled, then CHARACTER also will be spoiled
What is the reason for learning SANSKAR from childhood?
What we learn in childhood like only throughout life it’ll be there & Childhood is the Source of Young age & Old age of our life.
DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN LIKE…?
GANESHA And LAV-KUSH.
5 Powerful Tips for Successful Parenting in the Digital Age
- Say NO to Comparison.
- Stop Underestimating & Start Understanding your Child.
- Spare the time or Spoil the Child.
- Prevent the Overuse of Mobile & TV.
- Mind your BEHAVIOR & ATTITUDE.
(1) Say NO to Comparison
- Everyone is UNIQUE in the world.
- Comparison kills its own CREATIVITY.
- Comparison is the THIEF of JOY.
- PERSONALITY begins where Comparison ends.
(2) Stop Underestimating & Start Understanding the Child
- Find out his TALENT & PASSION.
- Focus on his STRENGTH.
- Focus on SKILLS not on MARKS.
(3) Spare the TIME or Spoil the CHILD!
- Your children need your PRESENCE more than your PRESENTS
- Spending TIME with children is more important than spending MONEY on children
- If they will not get time from you, they will not give time to you
- Spending TIME with children is more important than spending MONEY on children.
- If they will not get time from you, they will not give time to you.
(4) Prevent Overuse of Mobile & TV
- Don’t give mobile till the age of 16 years
- Steve Jobs didn’t allow his children to use iPad in childhood
- Decide the Rules & Follow the Rules
(5) Mind your BEHAVIOR & ATTITUDE BECAUSE OUR children WILL COPY TO US ONLY.
- Home is the FIRST SCHOOL & Parents are the FIRST TEACHER of a child
- They don’t do what we SAY they do what they SEE!
- Parents can be either the greatest ENEMY or FRIEND of their children!
Here are some examples….
Link can be given instead of a complete story…
How to raise Children? Advise of Chanakya
लालयेत् पंचवर्षाणि दशवर्षाणि ताडयेत् ।
प्राप्ते तु षोडशे वर्षे पुत्रं मित्रवदाचरेत् ॥
पितृदेवो भव !!
Be Ideal Parent
The sign of great parenting is not the Child’s Behavior but the Parents Behavior, means if the child has done mistake then it is not a child mistake it is parents’ mistake.
Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul believes in transforming children, who will shape the future world. It transforms the lives of students with the unique value framework of Vidya, Sadvidya & Brahmavidya.
- Vidya :
Vidya stands for Modern Education, which develops the values like Leadership, creativity, knowledge, curiosity, and dynamism amongst other values within the students.
- Sadvidya :
Sadvidya Stands for Traditional education, which develops values like gratitude, integrity, non-violence, empathy and breaking down bad habits within the students.
- Brahmavidya :
Brahmavidya stands for spiritual education, which develops the values like faith in God, devotion to God, deep affection with saints, non-attachment, self-realization, and God-realization within the students.
Join this noble mission of “Transforming Life, Transforming World” as a Student, Teacher, Parent, Employee, Volunteer, Member or a Devotee.